Sunday, October 11, 2009

I started a blog

I have been seriously considering starting a blog for awhile. I have lived in Lima, Peru for the last 14 months and started a business and everyday brings new adventures, experiences, mistakes, and random activities that I find entertaining and interesting. I hope to share things that I have learned along the way. 

Emilime is a handmade accessories line. Essentially I come up with designs, then travel around Peru to find the artisans that can best produce the product and then work with them so they can creatively use their knowledge of their craft to make the product as well. It is a total collaboration and that is what makes the product work. The collaboration of my knowledge of the market in the United States and my sense of style and their knowledge of actually making the product is a brilliant combination. I have built this business from scratch with scattered knowledge from my random jobs and my undergrad degree in Spanish and Business and my MBA. I have had to do lots of work and learn lots of things the hard way. Today my mind has been filled with ways I can market my business for free. I think the biggest strength of my business is that I am so personally connected with everything involved, but then after thinking about it for awhile I realized that the connection was not being related to the end user... the people who buy the products for the store, so I hope this blog will help give stories to all those people out there that buy the Emilime products to know how much love and energy goes into everything so they can truly appreciate what they have bought and are wearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment